8 Tips for Designing the Perfect Home Office
Connect your laptop to your TV monitor using an HDMI cable to give you a bigger screen to work on. Use cushions or a rolled-up towel instead of a lumbar support cushion. Headphones with built-in microphones If you’re leading a group presentation remotely at your computer, having some mic-equipped headphones will help others hear what home office tips you’re saying. You could potentially rely on the microphone built into your work PC, but the sound won’t be as crisp. Investing in a headset for work that has a microphone stalk right next to your mouth will make things clearer. The best headphones block out the outside world and help you focus on your work without any interruptions.
How do you design the ideal home office?
- Get some natural lighting.
- Find a quiet spot.
- Pick the right colors.
- Choose ergonomic furniture.
- Add a personal touch.
- Focus on your needs.
- Eliminate all distractions.
- Use smart storage solutions.
On top of this, they also provide you with a work life balance solution as you can physically close up shop at the end of the day, stopping yourself from being tempted to send that quick email at 9pm. When positioning your desk it’s important to think about the size. If you work on a computer or have a multitude of monitors, need room to write notes and keep a keyboard, that’s a lot of space you’ll need! However if you only need a laptop you can get away with a much smaller desk.
Add a creative statement piece with a work of wall art
I think it’s our duty to help each other and give advice on how to create a productive yet beautiful working environment at home. Prints and posters that follow a botanical theme will also help to bring the outdoors in, so opt for art work that feature flora and fauna. If you have loads of wires trailing across your desk or by your feet, consider installing some wall trunking to hide the cables. Working in an office affords us the opportunity to both physically and psychologically leave our working life in the office at the end of the day. Walking around rather than sitting still when you’re on a phone call.
What are three things you need on your desk?
- A notepad.
- A USB charger.
- An organizer.
- Headphones and holder.
- A meaningful mug.
- A laptop or desktop stand.
- A nice pen.
- A quality water bottle.
There are so many great ways to make your home office design feel professional and still link in with the rest of your home and that is by making sure it still represents you. Don’t use decorate your home office with posters of quotes that you don’t like, find home office accessories that you love and make you look forward to spending more time in your home office. Make sure you find solutions that you love and won’t “just do for now”. Sometimes all your office needs to make it feel more your style is implementing small pops of colour. This could be through artwork or prints that represent you or clever uses of paint, making your room feel sleek or modern through the use of zoning.
Switch to a hosted desktop
- The couple retrofitted a cabinet in their home to accommodate a workspace, and finds value in under-utilized or overlooked nooks and crannies of a home.
- It’s really easy for two or more people working from home to end up in a bit of a chaotic muddle.
- If not, create your own view with an inspirational picture or framed quote.
- But if that sounds too distracting facing your desk into the room as you can see here so you aren’t staring at a solid wall.
- A beautiful wooden desk can help you feel cool and collected no matter what you’re faced with throughout the day.
- There have also always been the more quirky and fun workspaces with bars, dart boards and soft seating.
Adjustable office chairs are a great way of making the room more dynamic by ensuring the desk can be used by many different people. Invest in some art or if the space is lacking in natural light use mirrors to reflect light and make the room feel more spacious. Finally bring in some plants, nothing like a bit of greenery to bring a space to life.